Somehow, all of us know that we need personal development in our life. Everybody has some underdeveloped skills that they want to improve. People have physical and mental issues that they want to overcome. Personal development requires confidence, a better mindset, over procrastination.
What is personal development?
Personal development is a lifetime process. It’s just the way to get your hidden skills to improve the lifestyle and maximize their potential.
The stages of personal development:-
- Physical growth
- Emotional growth
- Social growth
- Intellectual growth
Physical growth- refers to an increase in body size and in the size of organs. Body growth slows down after (1 to 2 years) of birth children’s bodies need fewer calories and parents may notice a decrease in appetite.
Emotional growth- as we grow in our life we face lots of experiences that improve our self-awareness and self-evaluation.
Social growth- children must develop to care for themselves (washing hands, using utensils), and interact with others. It includes how children understand themselves in relation to their interactions with others.
Intellectual growth- refers here to the changes that occur, as a result of growth and experience, in a person’s capacities for thinking, reasoning, relating, judging, conceptualizing, etc.
“Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death”
– Elbert Einstien
How to do personal development
Well, this is a lifetime process, you have to just improve yourself in what you want to improve.
Some people usually just start working without understanding that what they have to improve and then their things start going wrong.
You have to know what skill do you want to grow.
So, firstly you have to find which thing is to underestimate your personality.
Secondly, you need a good mentor which tells you how to improve that whatever you want to improve let’s take some example of some good mentor that you can find around yourself:-
- That person can be your school teacher or tuition one.
- Your parents know you very well. So, 90% chances that they will help you.
- Talk with your classmates about your problem without any hesitation.
- Meet with any intelligent person that you know in your life that might be able to help you.
Four ways to do personal development by self
- Action – Work on achieving your personal development goals. After deciding on what skill you want to develop start working on it. So that you can begin the experience of it and move forward towards the next step of development.
- Self-assessments – Learn about your skills, personality, and interests. You have to focus on what type of person you are, what you like to do much which will define your interests.
- Goal setting – Develop short-term and lifetime goals to turn your vision into reality. You have to decide your short and lifelong goals perhaps that will helps to stay motivated.
- Self-discovery – Identify strengths and weaknesses by self-assessing your skills. Everybody knows their skill points that where they stand and where not which defines their capabilities.
So at the end of this finding topic, a great conclusion basically defines the whole personal development scenario and stuffs related to that.
People have to understand that their personal skills are not just a waste but they can achieve life-long goals and learn so many other things by experiencing those skills.
That also helps to build a great personality through it. Multiple skills also lead to improving a good personality which highlights you special in this world and always gets a great positioning between other competitors and as well as yourself.
Personal development involves physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual growth that makes a person live a personality-driven, productive, and happy life within the hardcore society. This is achieved through the development of life skills.
Psychology on personal development says personal development is a mental makeup of a person which shows through the personality by itself.